09 January 2009

Living Locally returns to Los Angeles

I am not ashamed to say that at the core, Donny and I are lazy when it comes to cooking and preparing food.  While we do like to make our own food and create homemade dishes our natural instinct is to go out to a restaurant or get something delivered.  Last night was no different.  We had not "thought" about what to make for dinner, which translates to "we think" there is nothing to eat.  Of course there is a small mountain of local chicken, bison, turkey and beef in the freezer, but that would need to be thawed and thawing takes time.  Time that you don't have when you want food that second.  For a moment I unknowingly mislead Donny into thinking that we had salad mix.  When he found out that we didn't (my mistake), he was briefly let down and then realized, wait, we have our own salad mix!  Donny went up to the rooftop garden.  In barefeet and pajama pants he went grocery shopping for fresh lettuce.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool.....Nothing on my roof but snow cones...it could be organic too!

Anonymous said...

Cool Malika, love your blog. I just added it to my RSS feed. Hope you'll do the same with mine http://the21stcenturyman.com

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name