13 October 2008

Traveling Locally

I recently went on a 48 hour jaunt from Los Angeles to Shreveport, Louisiana and back.  In the 16 hours of travel in such a short period of time I realized very quickly that it is near impossible to keep a local living regiment while flying, unless starvation is something you are willing to pursue. This is probably pretty obvious, but since I have not traveled much in the past few months it is something I quickly forgot.  

Attempting to eat healthy among options of snack food, fast food and prepared foods is a bit depressing.  It is also nostalgic.  During my travels I had: 2 bags of chex mix and an icecream sandwich, chicken & biscuit meal at Popeye's, shrimp cocktail and caprese salad from room service and water & cranberry juice on the plane.  

I'm curious if anyone has suggestions out there for getting around this.  

No comments:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name